Saturday, January 29, 2011

Going Home

I have never been one to love home. I mean, yes, I love my family and my friends. But home was that place where I sat around waiting for the next exciting trip or adventure. People would always complain about being home sick and I never felt that. Even moving out was not hard for me. It was hard to leave my little brothers, but I was so excited for a new journey.
But suddenly i have started missing home. Not enough to move back, by any means, but I miss seeing my friends every day and hearing my baby brother say ridiculous things and hanging out with my other little brother. Finally today I get to go home. I won't get to stay for very long, but it is worth it to just be with the people I love for a moment.
The most exciting thing is that my friends don't know that I am coming yet. I am going to go watch some as they sing solos for a high school solo and ensemble contest, and they have no idea I will be there. I am excited to see their faces! I just hope they don't plan on reading this before I get there... but I am pretty sure that won't happen.
You know what I love about going home. I can walk through the door, throw my stuff on the floor, flop on the couch, and I feel so loved. My parents will make me tell them everything that has been going on, and they will ask me about my plans. My little brother will run up and jump on me showing me all of the new stuff that he has gotten. My other little brother will grab his guitar and show me a song that he has been working on. My friends will burst through the door and tackle me and do heaven knows what! I just can sit back and feel love. It was not always like this at home, because when I lived there full time people always knew what was going on with my life and they would see me all the time. But now, they don't get to see what I do all the time and they want to know.
The idea of home makes me so excited for heaven. I imagine that when I get there it will be that feeling of that love being poured out. I will finally get to be with God. I can't even begin to speculate what I will do! I doubt...

Interruption: You may have noticed that this is a day late. At this point of my writing, my mom called me and said that she was here. I had to quickly pull my stuff together and go. So of course I left my blog where it was. Didn't even finish my sentence (and honestly I don't remember where my mind was going with that). Then I was busy seeing my friends sing and stuff and as soon as I got home I played with my little bro until he went to bed, then i went to my friend's house and had an amazing time with my friends. I was a wack job, playing crazy games and such. It was fun. So anyway, it is now midnight and I figure that I better finish this blog so I can start fresh in the morning.

So I was just bringing up the point of heaven being our home. This earth is just a place we are living at the moment. And going home is going to feel amazing. The feelings that stirred up in me tonight were great! To have my little brother run up to me and ask me all sorts of questions with his big brown eyes, and to laugh and joke with my friends in a way that others just don't understand (they don't understand half the time either, but they expect it).
When I was playing games with my friends, I kept laughing uncontrollably and making a pretty big fool out of myself. And one of my friends just looks at me and asks what my problem is tonight. I told him that i missed home. These were the people that I loved the most and my emotions were running so high. I haven't had that much fun losing a game in my life. They don't really understand, and maybe they never will, but I just love them.
So if going to heaven is like that feeling but even more supernatural, that is gonna be awesome!!! There are no drugs that can get you that high. (Sorry, there were several drug references made tonight, and i am not sure why) Well, I really need to get to bed so I can get up for Church tomorrow! God, thank you so much for allowing me to live life with these incredible people. And please continue to litter my path with awesome people that I can continue to worship you with!

No comments:

Post a Comment